Max Whitlock's Training Secrets
Olympic gymnast Max Whitlock takes us through some spectacular training routines as he begins his Road to Rio.Read more
How to Play Wheelchair BasketballRead more
National Lottery players fund more than 1,300 elite athletes. The Road to Rio series will follow seven of the most promising young stars as they prepare for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You can read about each of the athletes in regular features here and in the Daily Mail. We’ll also be bringing you online blogs and video diaries, to really show what it takes and what life is like as a full time athlete.
The seven athletes are Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Chris Mears, Sally Brown, Harry Brown, Max Whitlock, Rebecca James and Adam Gemili.
You can check out Paralympian sprinter, Sally Brown in her first video blog above. There will be lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos shot by the athletes themselves coming up shortly, so please check back!
- Hi @jasonmohammad please RT to vote for us in the @LottoGoodCauses awards! We could win £5000 to support our famili… t.co/0dvsjVdwsu
- Vote for the only finalist in the National Lottery Good Causes Awards with a VI focus! #loveparkrun @LottoGoodCauses t.co/qMt5dlnR78
- @krishalpin @mimu_gloves @imogenheap @IVW_UK @PRSFoundation @LottoGoodCauses @ace_national @Drake_Music Kris has be… t.co/xjuzTmWs8O
- The Gloves Are On – The Film Check out the new documentary about @krishalpin’s groundbreaking @mimu_gloves tour:… t.co/yzxHUfo7KF
- Self acclaimed 'Cyborg rock star from the future' @krishalpin is one of our #NLAwards finalists! 😃Check him out her… t.co/p1E0sXqhSL