Max Whitlock's Training Secrets
Olympic gymnast Max Whitlock takes us through some spectacular training routines as he begins his Road to Rio.Read more
How to Play Wheelchair BasketballRead more
National Lottery players fund more than 1,300 elite athletes. The Road to Rio series will follow seven of the most promising young stars as they prepare for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You can read about each of the athletes in regular features here and in the Daily Mail. We’ll also be bringing you online blogs and video diaries, to really show what it takes and what life is like as a full time athlete.
The seven athletes are Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Chris Mears, Sally Brown, Harry Brown, Max Whitlock, Rebecca James and Adam Gemili.
You can check out Paralympian sprinter, Sally Brown in her first video blog above. There will be lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos shot by the athletes themselves coming up shortly, so please check back!
- We’ve got lots of the nominees from the #NLAwards in our midst this evening – a fantastic representation of the nat… t.co/2pFeW56EZ6
- Vote First Story! Use the hashtag #NLAFirstStory if you would like to see us win a National Lottery Award. Retweets… t.co/zvu0AZxVo6
- I watched the gorgeous @TabHunterDoc on @Netflix earlier this year - laughed, cried, was so moved.. Rest In Peace… t.co/TkfjKqGC6i
- [VOTE for the Piece Hall] @ThePieceHall transformation is a finalist in the National Lottery Awards. Please vote b… t.co/OIAuk6Iqx7
- loved the dancing in #timetrial @millarmind @nedboulting @LottoGoodCauses oh yes, and the bits with bikes thank y… t.co/Kfjz9SrvIz