Max Whitlock's Training Secrets
Olympic gymnast Max Whitlock takes us through some spectacular training routines as he begins his Road to Rio.Read more
How to Play Wheelchair BasketballRead more
National Lottery players fund more than 1,300 elite athletes. The Road to Rio series will follow seven of the most promising young stars as they prepare for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You can read about each of the athletes in regular features here and in the Daily Mail. We’ll also be bringing you online blogs and video diaries, to really show what it takes and what life is like as a full time athlete.
The seven athletes are Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Chris Mears, Sally Brown, Harry Brown, Max Whitlock, Rebecca James and Adam Gemili.
You can check out Paralympian sprinter, Sally Brown in her first video blog above. There will be lots of exclusive behind the scenes videos shot by the athletes themselves coming up shortly, so please check back!
- Got an idea that'll help young people #SparkAChange in their lives? The 1st deadline for applications for the… t.co/C9MH4aBa0X
- 🏴 | As it's #StGeorgesDay, here's a couple of special @TeamEngland moments from the recent Commonwealth Games… t.co/JZgcb64x3r
- Just 1⃣ week left to vote in The #PeoplesProjects! It's your chance to decide which local community projects will… t.co/ApU3w7gdHY
- We really appreciate our @LottoGoodCauses funded potting shed, especially on days like this. Busy planting seeds to… t.co/yxdLbIVZB8
- "The crowd were very, very special - there's no place like London." @Mo_Farah paid tribute to the people of London… t.co/4rjo7BF1D3