This year we are gearing up for an action packed summer of sport and cultural celebrations. With Andy Murray returning to Centre Court to defend his Wimbledon crown, Roy's boys up against the Samba stars in the World Cup in Brazil, our top athletes going for gold at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, and Rory McIlory leading the charge to retain the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles, the National Lottery are behind them all the way.
The National Lottery has helped changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 20 years. We've funded high performance athletes and world-class sporting venues and focused on boosting involvement in grassroot sports while improving community facilities. We've created champions and are investing in the stars of the future.
There’s also an exciting programme of cultural events to celebrate the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, supported by the National Lottery. www.glasgow2014.com/culture
100 Days to Go - Clock Ticking On Commonwealth Games Countdown
Commonwealth Games volunteer Alan Emersonand and 400m hurdler Jason Harvey got together to mark the 100 day countdown to the Games at a National Lottery event at the Sports Institute Northern Ireland (SINI).Read more
National Lottery funding woven into the fabric of sport
Robbie Renwick – has highlighted the support of National Lottery funding to the 'Summer of Sport 2014' by donning a rather unique new kilt.Read more
- Our #WorkingLives have changed dramatically over the last century. Today we’re launching a new campaign to save o… t.co/2YrrQJgrd7
- About to apply for funding from the Year of Young People #NationalLottery Fund? Watch our recent webinar for hints,… t.co/BbOCJwWTn3
- ** Free ** Drop-in Drawing class tomorrow night as part of the Musuem lates at the #NationalLottery funded National… t.co/nnUQFTIvYc
- Young people across Scotland can #SparkAChange in their lives thanks to new #NationalLottery funding available duri… t.co/loj0wt64YP
- Yesterday I spent the day in Newton Abbot learning about the great work @guidedogs does. Today you can watch my f… t.co/1C3DWCAxea