This year we are gearing up for an action packed summer of sport and cultural celebrations. With Andy Murray returning to Centre Court to defend his Wimbledon crown, Roy's boys up against the Samba stars in the World Cup in Brazil, our top athletes going for gold at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, and Rory McIlory leading the charge to retain the Ryder Cup at Gleneagles, the National Lottery are behind them all the way.
The National Lottery has helped changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 20 years. We've funded high performance athletes and world-class sporting venues and focused on boosting involvement in grassroot sports while improving community facilities. We've created champions and are investing in the stars of the future.
There’s also an exciting programme of cultural events to celebrate the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, supported by the National Lottery. www.glasgow2014.com/culture
100 Days to Go - Clock Ticking On Commonwealth Games Countdown
Commonwealth Games volunteer Alan Emersonand and 400m hurdler Jason Harvey got together to mark the 100 day countdown to the Games at a National Lottery event at the Sports Institute Northern Ireland (SINI).Read more
National Lottery funding woven into the fabric of sport
Robbie Renwick – has highlighted the support of National Lottery funding to the 'Summer of Sport 2014' by donning a rather unique new kilt.Read more
- Visually impaired and have a New Year's fitness resolution? Join a @parkrun near you. Winner of the #NLAwards Sport… t.co/e0xswhN5CQ
- Prince Harry and his fiancée Meghan Markle visited #NationalLottery funded Cardiff Castle yesterday as part of a tr… t.co/u0Mr9fUSSC
- Based in Yorkshire and want to do something different with the kids this weekend? Why not visit @ACE _national fund… t.co/AdLzwe8Wdm
- In need of some pampering? Visit @dkuksalon, a #NationalLottery funded salon with a twist 💇💇♂️… t.co/MRUX7PHHdR
- Your Friday could be getting a little BETTER! Thanks to @LottoGoodCauses, we are giving one lucky reader the oppo… t.co/OADKikDlmH