MUSIC COMPETITION WILL GIVE EMERGING ARTISTS A CHANCE TO PERFORM AT ICONIC LONDON VENUE
- Release date:
The #REMIX21 competition launches at 12:00pm on 6 April 2016 and closes at 11:59 on 29 April, winners announced 6 May.
An influential panel from the music industry is to help launch a new competition for up-and-coming talent in association with the National Lottery.
Two lucky winners will be offered the chance to headline at the #REMIX21 festival on 10 May 2016 at Rich Mix in the heart of Shoreditch, London.
They will be invited to perform live at the event and receive 1-2-1 mentoring about their music career with industry experts such as Sam Eldridge, 2012 MMF Manager of the year from UROK Management who represents singer-songwriter-actor-director Ben Drew aka Plan B, Tom Odell, Jess Glynne; Shan McGinley, presenter, radio personality, DJ, taste-maker and an influential part of the IAMMUSICTV team and Alice Dabell, a talent producer for Syco Entertainment, Simon Cowell’s world leading global music, film and television production company.
#REMIX21 is a creative celebration of the art, music, theatre, fashion and dance that has defined the last 21 years of National Lottery funding. The immersive event, free for 18-25-year-olds, will also showcase the huge number of varied projects the National Lottery has funded and the creativity it has nurtured along the way.
The online competition invites entrants to kick-start their music career by simply uploading a video performing an original track on YouTube. The video with the most likes will win a headline slot at the event with the top 21 entries to be featured on the Lotto Good Causes’ YouTube channel play list. Two lucky winners will be announced by 6 May and will receive:
- A headlining spot at the REMIX21 festival
- All expenses paid for them and a guest to the event
- Full stage production support
- 1-2-1 time with each member of the expert music industry panel.
Sam Eldridge said: “This is such a big opportunity for an up-and-coming artist to be seen and heard. I am very happy to be involved with #REMIX21 and help give advice and guidance to someone bringing something fresh and original to the music industry. Have fun, make the spot your own and grab this chance to get noticed."
Shan McGinley said: "I'm looking out for an artist that brings through some real energy that you can't ignore! #REMIX12 is about you taking a shot at achieving your dreams and that's something I highly rate in any individual. Show me your hustle!!!"
Jackie O’ Sullivan, the National Lottery, added: “In 2014/2015 the National Lottery invested £1.2 billion into more than 20,000 projects for young people aged 18-25-years-old. The #REMIX21 event will bring to life the amazing opportunities and experiences made possible by National Lottery players and promises to be a fantastic occasion.”
To enter the competition visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/remix21
For further information about taking part or registering to attend the event, visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/remix21
Notes to Editor:
- #REMIX21 is a celebratory event re-mixing the last 21 years of the National Lottery-funded projects whilst celebrating the talent of tomorrow. The event is free to register for 18-25-year-olds and takes place on 10 May 2016, 6-11pm at Rich Mix, London, E1 6LA. The event will present a line up of the UK’s freshest talent, with each of the 21 years represented by 21 creative pieces, alongside the freshest music talent, which will come together for one big festival experience.
- National Lottery players have raised more than £34 billion for arts, education, environment, health, heritage, sport and voluntary projects across the UK since 1994; see the difference it’s making near you at www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk