Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
A ydych chi'n gysylltiedig â'r prosiect hwn ac eisiau rhoi rhagor o wybodaeth i ni? Cysylltwch.
- "For people who have already developed the disease, sport and activity can help delay further decline in brain func… t.co/gy886kNLMB
- It's not just #WalkToSchoolWeek, it's #HappyShoesday 👠👡👢👞👟 Whatever your happy shoes are, head over to… t.co/CVBKIzZYD1
- It's #WalkToSchoolWeek 🚶♀️! Have you been getting involved so far this week? But don't let it stop you if you're… t.co/oEA7eD0Njc
- Want to get all our news and read about the latest developments in grassroots sport? 🤔 Sign up to receive our emai… t.co/rHzXvyulWz
- It is #CleanSportWeek and our friends at @ukantidoping have some helpful advice about which supplements you can and… t.co/soPTwnM1qP