Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- Coming soon 👀 t.co/iTzCAidzEz
- Our Small Grants fund is about investing in projects that will make a real difference to how and if people get acti… t.co/LnoqOeJ6xu
- We're working to ensure children and young people from the age of five are able to enjoy the benefits of sport and… t.co/W3djbC9E8a
- Ever wondered how active our nation is? 🤷 Do you know which sports are most popular? 🤔 Our latest Active Lives re… t.co/ZOJRAeIQkb
- It's half-term! ☺️ To help children get active this week, we’ve put together a collection of hints and tips that w… t.co/Ex4Fo937mu