Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens was the proud host of Cinema India: The Art of Bollywood – a national touring exhibition from the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Thanks to The National Lottery, the museum was able to offer Sunderland’s visitors a chance to experience South Asian Culture through a mix of arts, music, writing, food and film.A festival of South Asian Culture allowed families and visitors to celebrate the rich tastes, sounds and colours of the region, while also giving local schools the chance to work with dancers and artists on the creation of a spectacular performance that opened the festival. Elsewhere, the exhibition included school workshops, family resources and film screenings. One of the children who took part said: “I loved the poster we made! It was beautiful and I love Indian colours!”
- Come and celebrate #ChineseNewYear with us on Sat, Feb 17 from 11am-3pm. Lion dances, Chinese arts and crafts, fami… t.co/wPrhGdQfhK
- Saturday Feb 17 from 11am–3pm - come and celebrate #ChineseNewYear with Lion dances🦁, Chinese arts & crafts, family… t.co/vN7P4fFVnI
- ❄️⚠️ Due to the snow we’ll be open a little later than usual today. Doors will open at 11am.
- A fine view of the River Wear back in the 1950s. #sunderland t.co/7LlQiqG2rj
- From Mon 29 Jan to Friday, Feb 2 the Winter Gardens will be closed for essential repairs 👩🔧👨🔧. Apologies for any… t.co/NT1bDCph8q