UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
The Gold Event Series is ensuring a major events legacy from London 2012 by making the most of the new facilities and skills to establish the UK as one of the world’s leading host nations. £27 million of National Lottery money is being invested into the Gold Event SeriesMajor events included within this programme will support British athletes, create high-profile opportunities to engage people with sport, use and demonstrate the legacy of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 and produce positive economic and social impacts for the UK.
The series is aiming to attract:
2.5 million spectators
25,000 Officials and Volunteers
70 major events targeted including
36 World and European Championships
£287 million economic boost
Find out more about the 2013 – 2019 The Gold Event Series - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/gold-events-series/
- Great Britain's eventing team post the lowest score in World Championship history and win double gold on an extraor… t.co/63bfYgnnKn
- The moment you realise you are the World Champion 🥇 @cantereventing 🇬🇧 #Tryon2018 t.co/dkZzk8lGcN
- World Champion baby!🥇🏆 Can’t believe it! What a season 😅 A thousand thankyou’s to the team around me. Just delighte… t.co/6bk7HZJ4vk
- The #wcsenoshima fizzled out a little as the wind gods didn't turn it on for the final day...but the… t.co/uBMET98k3T
- 🎉🎉🎉BIG NEWS!!!! 🎉🎉🎉 This morning we've announced the ticket details for the 2019 ICF Canoe Slalom World Cup London… t.co/ZncVwjaJ8J