UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
The Gold Event Series is ensuring a major events legacy from London 2012 by making the most of the new facilities and skills to establish the UK as one of the world’s leading host nations. £27 million of National Lottery money is being invested into the Gold Event SeriesMajor events included within this programme will support British athletes, create high-profile opportunities to engage people with sport, use and demonstrate the legacy of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 and produce positive economic and social impacts for the UK.
The series is aiming to attract:
2.5 million spectators
25,000 Officials and Volunteers
70 major events targeted including
36 World and European Championships
£287 million economic boost
Find out more about the 2013 – 2019 The Gold Event Series - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/gold-events-series/
- “On a personal level, I would like to thank Bill for all his support while at the BOA and wish him well in his new… t.co/I6pLgZqmWS
- “With Tokyo 2020 Olympic preparations at an advanced stage, Bill leaves the BOA in great shape both commercially an… t.co/iyNgWetj3W
- 💬 UK Sport CEO Liz Nicholl: “Bill has played a key role in helping the BOA and UK Sport forge an increasingly close… t.co/0ifwLpteha
- 🗣️ “I want more than anything to win an Olympic medal. I don’t know whether I’ve got another Olympic cycle in me."… t.co/44qBQLgf1y
- The perfect opportunity for you to experience a new sport while cheering on athletes as they compete to secure thei… t.co/R8yFo2KOKi