This project received a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, which awards money raised by National Lottery players to transform museums, galleries, libraries and archives, and improve the collections of art, objects and literature that they hold for generations to come.
From Belfast to Norwich and Swansea to Shetland, museums and libraries across the country have benefitted from Lottery cash. Some of these have modern new buildings, while others have been redeveloped in historic buildings, or had their facilities improved so that everyone can visit and enjoy them.As well as making a difference to the venues themselves, the Heritage Lottery Fund also assists museums, galleries and libraries in acquiring new objects and collections, to help their visitors discover as much as possible about our history.
For example, many important British paintings have been prevented from becoming part of foreign collections so that communities in the UK can continue to learn from them. For this reason the Heritage Lottery Fund also supports education projects in museums, galleries and libraries, and helps to make archive collections more accessible by awarding grants for cataloguing, digitisation, online resources and community outreach projects.
For more information about funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund visit www.hlf.org.uk
A ydych chi'n gysylltiedig â'r prosiect hwn ac eisiau rhoi rhagor o wybodaeth i ni? Cysylltwch.
- Have you read about the results of our #evaluation looking back 10 years on our Heritage Grants programme? Find out… t.co/XDeSh9EuQy
- Aged 10, 11 & 15, Kissy, Heidi and Megan have been working with other Brownies, Rainbows, Guides and Rangers to fin… t.co/AUA9k22PO8
- Prince Harry and his fiancée Meghan Markle visited #NationalLottery funded Cardiff Castle last week as part of a tr… t.co/6RDS25rqsj
- Last surviving Dambuster hails completion of £13.5million Bomber Command memorial centre which was supported by the… t.co/1pSe6rJHGC
- Did you hear? #NationalLottery supported @VADundee, #Scotland’s first #design museum & the first V&A museum in the… t.co/c1avF1ipBB