This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- I've just voted to help 5 other charities get funding for some fantastic local projects with @BIGScotland It's free… t.co/anvNcXGNuy
- Great opportunity from @BIGScotland t.co/ZgzZwefiCO
- Find local community projects in your area and vote for them to receive up to £50,000 of National Lottery funding!… t.co/r3Z40X8YXP
- t's a special Thursday for 97 community projects sharing in £777k #NationalLottery funding. Want to know more abou… t.co/0hWl74s1w6
- If you've been inspired to apply to National Lottery Awards for All Scotland here are eight handy tips from Alastai… t.co/u8Ir7JoUjZ