This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- So proud to have supported this project with #NationalLottery funding. Great partnership between the local communit… t.co/xYxsV4avK5
- Laughter is the best medicine @GlasgowsGG who give older people, like Donald, the chance to meet up regularly with… t.co/nDlGv6ii5d
- We were delighted to announce funding of over £151,000 from @BIGScotland and @NHSTayside last week for MS Support s… t.co/qXSoGN3nTW
- "If it wasn’t for the funding, then it just wouldn’t happen – I wouldn’t be the person I am now". Tammie's incredib… t.co/MdpPWi4DJJ
- This fabulous clip had us all smiling this morning here @BIGScotland. Thanks to #Nationallottery funding,… t.co/Gl8kj54S6a