This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Going live today. Really excited about supporting young people away from rough sleeping and from homelessness. t.co/a3LSwlgLOr
- Great to be @SimonCommScot for launch of Nightstop - funded thanks to #NationalLottery players! t.co/jFNAKExBtj
- Volunteer hosts to offer spare rooms to young people facing homelessness in Glasgow | @SimonCommScot @RFC_Charity… t.co/EllwLLMvoP
- One of our amazing volunteers David. Asset to the community village. t.co/d1BcYQW4E9
- To our many grantholders who tackle #loneliness and #isolation, @ScotGovFairer has published a new consultation on… t.co/og10Mnq240