This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Young people across Scotland can #SparkAChange in their lives thanks to new #NationalLottery funding available duri… t.co/mDfp2nZvRx
- Woohoo! New funding available for Scotland's young people! It's @YOYP2018 so let's #SparkAChange and boost the heal… t.co/86a4FoiEZD
- To mark the Year of Young People 2018, £550k of #NationalLottery funding is available for Scottish projects celebra… t.co/zBoAPx1DNK
- NEW FUND OPENING: Today a £550k #NationalLottery fund has become available to help young people #SparkAChange in th… t.co/QoMfTy3If3
- A brilliant chance for #youngpeople to make the most of #YoYP2018 by developing and undertaking projects that matte… t.co/vn9DTiC3Kc