With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Bing and his friends are coming to the Millennium Forum in the first ever Bing stage show from 4th-5th July! Join… t.co/GUPXusmLRq
- Dara O'Briain had some kind words to say about our wonderful city after four nights of performing his hilarious Voi… t.co/II71nbQmwu
- 🌟 JUST ANNOUNCED 🌟 Tickets for Paul Merton's Impro Chums go on sale this Thursday 26th April at 10:00am! More inf… t.co/62QOzqKdBc
- @KieranHarkin Hi Kieran, this has now been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience!
- On April 29th, Bowie Experience – The Golden Years Tour comes to the Forum! Read more: t.co/0vbi2CNC5B t.co/HYedg4D887