With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Celebrating the sound of a generation, Magic of Motown comes to the Millennium Forum on 23rd October 2018! Music f… t.co/sRmEuo3tkT
- We're looking forward to 17th-20th September for Lisa McGee's debut play GIRLS AND DOLLS starring Jamie Lee O’Donne… t.co/DwqJNSsM9Q
- Millennium Forum/ Derry Theatre Trust are currently recruiting for the exciting post of Digital and Social Media Of… t.co/jbOa9cBMYY
- 8-piece band, The Goldhawks, deliver a stunning live performance of The Who’s smash hit concept album, Quadrophenia… t.co/yrHz9TRObh
- BAFTA and Perrier award winning comedian, Dylan Moran, will perform at the Millennium Forum on Friday 28th Septembe… t.co/W6Uu6f6k0p