With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- This year’s Millennium Forum Productions youth musical is the incredible ‘Cats’! Our talented young cast take to th… t.co/Qmq00D0hZV
- The History Of The Peace (accordin’ to my Ma!), the brilliant sequel to The History Of The Troubles (accordin’ to m… t.co/RNby4plDWm
- Milkshake! Live is an all singing, all dancing, musical masterpiece, that will take audiences on a journey through… t.co/iCnuPgzyP1
- Franz Lehár’s sparkling comedic operetta, The Merry Widow, has enjoyed uninterrupted international success since it… t.co/o3CB72ES6c
- Don't forget to book your ticket for Rob Brydon's 'I am Standing Up' tour, coming to the Forum this September! 🎟️… t.co/6DClEdzbIm