The Big Lottery Fund is committed to improving communities and the lives of people most in need with money raised from the National Lottery.
Four golden ideas to keep the Olympic & Paralympic spirit alive
Big Lottery Fund is investing £5.3m in four inspirational UK-wide initiatives that will inspire and engage over two million people and ensure the 2012 spirit continues to thrive in communities through to 2014 and beyond.Read more
Big Lottery Fund (BIG) is the largest of all the Lottery funding distributors and is responsible for distributing 40 per cent of the Lottery good causes money. BIG supports projects working in the areas of local health, education and the environment, and for charitable purposes.
Since it was set up in June 2004 BIG has awarded over £6 billion to projects across the UK. Between 80-90 per cent of grants are made to voluntary and community sector organisations, and vary in size from a few hundred pounds to several million!
Although the Big Lottery Fund supports initiatives across the UK, most of their funding is made through programmes tailored specifically to the needs of communities in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
To find out more about the Big Lottery Fund visit their website.
- Want to come and work with us? We are looking for a communications brand manager & knowledge and learning data anla… t.co/FyDaC9NQqI
- Great to see a community-focused club working to deliver social initiatives for everyone - well done all! 👏t.co/V3HX3Mv3Ht
- @22blueprint22 Great work Little Scamps 👏
- @youngenterprise Great video, it's wonderful to see what a difference the #NationalLottery funding has made.
- ICYMI ➡️ Last week, we awarded #NationalLotttery funding to support @hubbubUK to expand the world's first Community… t.co/QcgltUbEpg