The Heritage Lottery Fund uses money from the National Lottery to support a wide range of projects involving the local, regional and national heritage of the UK.
It's your chance to Celebrate
A new £4million fund set up to support Scots to celebrate their part in the Commonwealth before, during and after the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games opened in April.Read more
The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) awards money from The National Lottery to preserve and transform the heritage of the UK through innovative projects that will make a lasting impact on people and places, and bring heritage to life for generations to come.
The Heritage Lottery Fund supports projects ranging from museums, parks and historic places to archaeology, natural environment and cultural traditions. Since 1994, HLF has supported just over 35,000 projects allocating more than £5.3billion across the UK.
Many of our most famous landmarks, including Stonehenge in Wiltshire, Rosslyn Chapel in Midlothian, the Giant’s Causeway in Moyle and Cardiff Castle in Cardiff, have benefitted from the Heritage Lottery Fund’s support. Additionally, thousands of community heritage projects are providing opportunities for people to explore historic buildings, protect the environment, learn new skills, delve into archives and discover untold stories.
Find out more on the Heritage Lottery Fund website.
- Congrats to Pigneys Wood @TCVtweets #volunteers: Winners of @CPRENorfolk’s Thriving Countryside Award for 2018! Pro… t.co/TgTx56thl9
- #ChangingLives: The UK’s first female bodyguard, Jacquie Davis’ career has spanned everything from protecting oliga… t.co/RzoNvmw4qC
- GRANT ANNOUCEMENT! @DonCatchmentRT has secured funding to deliver important restoration work to the River Rother an… t.co/EDsnmPg3Qu
- Thanks to #NationalLottery players we're helping keep memories of Tiger Bay 🐯 burning bright! Read how ➡️… t.co/cQyW0HOMPz
- #Derbyshire river to be reclaimed from industrial blight. Want to know more? Go here! 👉t.co/UrOzmmE2wK t.co/G0E5A0aSx1