Spirit of 2012 is the London 2012 legacy charity. So far, we have invested over £25 million into community projects in over 100 locations across the UK, benefiting more than 1 million people.
Spirit of 2012 is a funding charity, established with a £47m endowment from the Big Lottery Fund. We fund partners across the UK that provide opportunities in sports, physical activity, arts and culture, volunteering and social action. It was founded to continue and recreate the spirit of pride, positivity and social connectedness that people experienced during the London 2012 Games and we invest to create good outcomes for people and their communities:
- We fund sports, arts and volunteering projects to increase wellbeing.
- We measure the impact of these projects on people and communities and use that information to improve other projects.
- Our projects challenge limiting perceptions of disability and create inclusive opportunities.
- We work with expert partners to ensure our projects deliver the best outcomes possible.
Individual and social outcomes interest us more than numerical targets, inputs and outputs; a focus designed to enhance the projects we fund for both partners and beneficiaries. We have built a dynamic learning hub among the ‘Spirit family’ of partners to help spread and embed our insights and best practice.
- @WOWExeter @WOWtweetUK Thank you for all your hard work. Can’t wait for @WOWExeter in October! t.co/olgEn2C6CQ
- Huge thank you to @Spiritof2012 & @WOWtweetUK for all the support you give us 🙌 #wowexeter t.co/2bpOuSoAKv
- We're preparing to deliver EmpowHER - @UKYouth's new programme aiming to address low levels of wellbeing amongst yo… t.co/a26CdCxIjX
- "Now with the lights taken down and students getting ready for the end of the school year, what can we take away fr… t.co/d4V3tahvGh
- DEADLINE: We are seeking applications for a new Director based in, and with good knowledge of our sectors and the o… t.co/YFQ39WEtoK