Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for increasing participation and improving performance in sport in Wales.
Llantwit Major lead the way for Welsh schools
Llantwit Major School has become the first in Wales to complete the national School Sport Survey 2013.Read more
Sport Wales uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support individuals, clubs, and local authorities that are dedicated to improving sports provision, participation and performance in Wales.
Sport Wales offers separate funding programmes for community groups and elite athletes. Community projects can get help to purchase new equipment, train new coaches or volunteers, start up a new team, improve their facility and more. Advanced athletes can apply for support to help them get on the path to Olympic or Paralympic glory, or, if their sport is not featured in the Games, train to the highest possible competition level.
As well as awarding funding, Sport Wales also operates The Sport Wales National Centre in Cardiff and Plas Menai National Watersports Centre on the banks of the Menai Strait, between Bangor and Caernarfon.
To find out more about Sport Wales visit their website.
- The Welsh Wizards are back for 2019... our next match vs @TraditionRAC is on the 5th February at the @sportwalesNC… t.co/2y5qZW0XT5
- Rising Welsh Hockey Ace Beth Wood Collects Top Award t.co/VGsDzCG7Om t.co/DG5NHdMQkm
- The #FEActiveSurvey is live Mae’r #ArolwgEgniolAB yn fyw Here’s a breakdown of who is taking part Dyma fanylion a… t.co/i1MIexznHj
- Results are in! Mae’r canlyniadau wedi cyrraedd! The #FEActiveSurvey is live Mae’r #ArolwgEgniolAB yn fyw Get th… t.co/KWQwU4oaj9
- 📢Calling all NGBs in 🏴 Wales📢 Join us in North or South Wales for some FREE training and future partnership o… t.co/lplVk2FoPW