Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for increasing participation and improving performance in sport in Wales.
Llantwit Major lead the way for Welsh schools
Llantwit Major School has become the first in Wales to complete the national School Sport Survey 2013.Read more
Sport Wales uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support individuals, clubs, and local authorities that are dedicated to improving sports provision, participation and performance in Wales.
Sport Wales offers separate funding programmes for community groups and elite athletes. Community projects can get help to purchase new equipment, train new coaches or volunteers, start up a new team, improve their facility and more. Advanced athletes can apply for support to help them get on the path to Olympic or Paralympic glory, or, if their sport is not featured in the Games, train to the highest possible competition level.
As well as awarding funding, Sport Wales also operates The Sport Wales National Centre in Cardiff and Plas Menai National Watersports Centre on the banks of the Menai Strait, between Bangor and Caernarfon.
To find out more about Sport Wales visit their website.
- Final case study at the launch of Welsh Student Sport @sport_wales from @USWSport on the huge volume of community… t.co/4Mp1ati77q
- 📝 New Blog. 'Wales and the Global Sporting Issues' @BrianDavies09 sets out the challenges and the work being done… t.co/A2JiYyHOfu
- Rydyn ni eisiau gwybod sut ddylai chwaraeon a gweithgarwch ar gyfer plant sy'n derbyn gofal yng Nghymru fod yn y dy… t.co/LYg93K4MNS
- We want to know how sport and activity should look for children and young people in Wales in the future. Join the… t.co/csaJ4QdPJD
- Good luck in France next month! 🤞 Pob lwc! 🏴 Bonne chance! 🇫🇷 t.co/0uytszhFHU