Sport Wales is the national organisation responsible for increasing participation and improving performance in sport in Wales.
Llantwit Major lead the way for Welsh schools
Llantwit Major School has become the first in Wales to complete the national School Sport Survey 2013.Read more
Sport Wales uses money from The National Lottery and Government to support individuals, clubs, and local authorities that are dedicated to improving sports provision, participation and performance in Wales.
Sport Wales offers separate funding programmes for community groups and elite athletes. Community projects can get help to purchase new equipment, train new coaches or volunteers, start up a new team, improve their facility and more. Advanced athletes can apply for support to help them get on the path to Olympic or Paralympic glory, or, if their sport is not featured in the Games, train to the highest possible competition level.
As well as awarding funding, Sport Wales also operates The Sport Wales National Centre in Cardiff and Plas Menai National Watersports Centre on the banks of the Menai Strait, between Bangor and Caernarfon.
To find out more about Sport Wales visit their website.
- How did our January Legend Ali Abdi feel to be called #YouSportLegend? @BMECricketWales @visitwales #gwladgwlad Feb… t.co/56cF9Uop0M
- Wet weather affecting your fixtures?latest #ClubSolutions update has tips&support for grounds&pitch maintenance… t.co/yrsnvGdzCF
- Another great performance from Cor Glanaethwy to charm the Welsh capital, and they've been joined by the #UWCL trop… t.co/WMbzlXIkJf
- Singing in the rain 🎶🌧: the story of today's Cardiff #UWCLfinal ticket launch with 100 days to go to 1 June… t.co/lyQuaU6iZS
- What a way to celebrate 100 Days to go! Spine-tingling! 🎶 #Cardiff2017 #UWCLfinal t.co/HsHR5G90xv