Grants for the arts
Grants for the arts is an open-application funding programme, which funds arts activities that engage people in England, or that help artists and arts organisations carry out their work. It is used to:
- help more people to take part in the arts
- provide creative opportunities for children and young people
- help the development of artists, arts organisations and the creative economy
- involve the arts and artists in creating vibrant communities
- allow artists from this country to work internationally, international artists to work in England, and artists from here and abroad to work with each other
Who can apply?
Individuals, arts organisations, local authorities and other public organisations, partnerships, collectives, regional and national organisations, organisations whose normal activity is not arts-related, including voluntary and community groups. Projects may be based in countries other than England, but their work must reach audiences in England.
Use the Arts Council England funder finder to see if you are applicable: http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/funding/funding-finder
Geographical areas funded
Projects must reach audiences in England
- Min £1,000
- Max £100,000
Six weeks for applications for £5,000 or less, twelve weeks for applications for over £5,000
This is a continuous programme.
You can download an application form the Arts Council website. You can also request a hardcopy of the application form by calling 0845 300 6200.