This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- To help you get that festive Friday feeling! Here's what happened when Santa paid a visit to our friends… t.co/SyzPVRvKWN
- Remember, don't be scared to pick up the phone and talk to your funder if you take on #digitaltrustees & want to ma… t.co/FavK0DrEwg
- Just found out we’ve been successful in our application for funding for an active path route around the school. Fri… t.co/IsrEEuiEEW
- Looks beautiful! Well done @impact_arts @BIGScotland #ourbrightfuture #owningit t.co/DfbFxSokXg
- @No1Befriending @Weekdaywowfacto have a fab time!