The end of breast cancer treatment is often the hardest part. Debilitating long term side effects, anxieties about the cancer returning and damaged body confidence are just some of the issues people are left with as they walk out of the hospital doors.
To help people cope with this daunting transition, Breast Cancer Care has developed a first of its kind mobile app. Delivering reliable, trustworthy information and support to the user, BECCA (Breast Cancer Care App) empowers and equips people to adjust to life beyond breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Care created the app after listening to the experiences of people who have had breast cancer diagnosis, identifying a real need for day-to-day support. BECCA offers information, hints and tips through bite-sized flashcards on topics like exercise, diet and managing side effects of treatment. Delivering articles on everything from well-being and mindfulness to peer-led advice, BECCA lets it’s users know they’re not alone.
With generous funding from the Big Lottery Fund, BECCA is rapidly becoming more efficient and effective, and is set to reach tens of thousands more people with its vital support.
BECCA is currently available on iPhone and Android Phones, and as a lighter, web version of the app.
To vote for BECCA by telephone, please call 0844 836 9692 - Telephone voting calls cost 5p max. A connection charge may be applied by some networks. Please check with your provider.
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
Vote for this project for an award
- There’s still time to show your support for our BECCA app, and help us win a @lottogoodcauses Award, by RT’ing this… t.co/I8VNnjBWsQ
- @ArthurBugler @pivotalpaul @breastcancernow Amazing achievement! Thank you for your support!😊✨
- @ardencotemanor Thank you so much for your support! 👏💖
- Thanks to all who attended today’s #AfternoonTea in #Rhymney to raise funds for @BCCare and Helping Hands. Great co… t.co/bRbtu3XaeB
- This week's #FabFundraiserFriday goes to the amazing Caroline and Sue who have conquered the Kilimanjaro Climb and… t.co/EPxtRmQK8C