This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Running a social enterprise and want to take it to the next level? Apply to @Firstport's LaunchMe programme to get… t.co/TfirO4WsXu
- School, nursery or uniformed group? Applying to us for funding? It's important to involve your community in your ap… t.co/wNhd115eqF
- Congratulations @bighearts! t.co/1taqtdfNaT
- Families in Scotland affected by issues such as poverty, imprisonment, domestic abuse and childhood cancer are to r… t.co/DN6VWAlTo5
- .@BIGScotland #NationalLottery funding will have 'life-changing' impact for #FamiliesAffectedByImprisonment t.co/SKgJI1KPy7