This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Funding of £6 million from @BIGScotland will boost skills in Scotland t.co/tt5q4zkHJN t.co/EWTVI1gUm1
- Congratulations @IonaVillageHall! t.co/KW7fVvf3W4
- £6m from #NationalLottery good cause money will help Scots of all ages share and learn new skills -… t.co/Ru1qgBXuJz
- @lingoflamingo1 And we're really delighted to be able to support your work! 🙂
- Really delighted to receive funding from @BIGScotland to allow us continue to empower older adults through the medi… t.co/FFFnKo5vHp