Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens was the proud host of Cinema India: The Art of Bollywood – a national touring exhibition from the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Thanks to The National Lottery, the museum was able to offer Sunderland’s visitors a chance to experience South Asian Culture through a mix of arts, music, writing, food and film.A festival of South Asian Culture allowed families and visitors to celebrate the rich tastes, sounds and colours of the region, while also giving local schools the chance to work with dancers and artists on the creation of a spectacular performance that opened the festival. Elsewhere, the exhibition included school workshops, family resources and film screenings. One of the children who took part said: “I loved the poster we made! It was beautiful and I love Indian colours!”
- Our Rainforest Rascals playgroup for toddlers is back up and running! Songs, storytelling and fun for the little on… t.co/73VScfyGj8
- I’m looking forward to making a trip up to Sunderland to see my painting in the new hang of the BP Portrait Award s… t.co/5HvZ1Zppmx
- We get that #FridayFeeling wandering through Mowbray Park and enjoying the flowers💐 before calling in at the Museum… t.co/UaZ85TSeUO
- @holmesidecoffee thanks for refreshments at our event today. Delicious cakes, great service. Visit them in @SundMuseum
- @MuseumsAtNight @holmesidecoffee Thanks, will do!