Community Readers Project is made up of volunteers who work in education. This National Lottery funded project organises free author talks, theatre visits, workshops and trips for children living in Doncaster.
Thanks to funding received from the Lottery, the project has been able to engage children with the list of books from the Doncaster Book Awards in unique and fun ways so that reading groups of all abilities can get involved and enjoy. For example, an event was held at Cusworth Hall where 500 children attended a "Mad Hatter's Tea Party".The Community Readers Project and its Doncaster Book Awards helps children by giving them the chance to get involved in a range of activities related to reading.
Through this, the children feel that their confidence in reading has grown. They also enjoy the social aspect of the project as they get to meet new people and make friends with children from other parts of the town.
- The children of Doncaster need this book! Click here to find out why & help us buy a copy of 'The Lost Words' for… t.co/6KC90Beowd
- I'm very proud that #TheBeetleCollectorsHanbook is nominated on the nonfiction list for the @DoncBookAward 😃🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞🐞
- In case you missed it, we unveiled the brilliant books on the #BluePeterBookAwards longlist this morning! Here are… t.co/kM5DL6qqN9
- And here are the fabulous titles that made the #BluePeterBookAwards Best Book with Facts longlist! Our poor judges… t.co/VjwIgj0biJ
- Fantastic news! (Also longlisted for the @DoncBookAward of course ;-) ) t.co/88DvRCMUaq