Community Readers Project is made up of volunteers who work in education. This National Lottery funded project organises free author talks, theatre visits, workshops and trips for children living in Doncaster.
Thanks to funding received from the Lottery, the project has been able to engage children with the list of books from the Doncaster Book Awards in unique and fun ways so that reading groups of all abilities can get involved and enjoy. For example, an event was held at Cusworth Hall where 500 children attended a "Mad Hatter's Tea Party".The Community Readers Project and its Doncaster Book Awards helps children by giving them the chance to get involved in a range of activities related to reading.
Through this, the children feel that their confidence in reading has grown. They also enjoy the social aspect of the project as they get to meet new people and make friends with children from other parts of the town.
- Roald Dahl’s Matilda is one of the world’s must iconic readers & Oct 1 marks 30 yrs since the beloved book was firs… t.co/zRZ2MFdmWf
- Wonderful to see #TheWayPastWinter chosen as one of the 50 biggest books of Autumn alongside many faves! So close n… t.co/BEKXIaYYtw
- This year's DBA long-listed books are now LIVE at t.co/0gUHz2k1Yx . Children can post reviews and (new this… t.co/kjHSoRyzwC
- Why not share a story this #RoaldDahlDay? Look out for our top tips videos today. We'll show you how to take your s… t.co/Fm5Oex3SQP
- 'Don't worry about the bits you can't understand. Sit back and allow the words to wash around you, like music.' - R… t.co/msceS16kUT