Supported by the National Lottery through the Arts Council of Northern Ireland, Culture Night is a major celebration that takes place across Belfast every September. Run by the Cathedral Quarter Trust, which supports cultural life within the historic area of the city, the occasion brings together 350 free events across 150 locations from afternoon to late into the evening. More than 100,000 visitors from across Northern Ireland and beyond attended last year, up from 15,000 in 2009, the first year of operation.
In 2017, visitors enjoyed an expanded programme under the motto ‘We Can Be More,’ reflected through the use of new venues and spaces. The theme was also a comment on how Culture Night and the city have grown over the years.
The programme ranged from an opening gala concert by the Ulster Orchestra at Belfast Waterfront to wrestling bouts in St Anne’s Square, to drag queen story time at Belfast’s Central Library. Starting at noon on September 22, the celebration took over new venues from City Hall, where activities included yoga and yarn bombing, to Belfast Harbour, the setting for a ‘mini festival of fools’ and a Thunder Action sports bike show.
This year it will return on Friday September 21, with organisers predicting up to 120,000 visitors at a huge 10th anniversary celebration.
For more information about Culture Night Belfast visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- Amazing to see everyone loving the ice sculptures at Fire and Ice! ⛄️🔥 There are so many fantastic events happening… t.co/nUEDGnQnWG
- Calling all gaming fans! This weekend @QUB_QCon comes to Belfast City Centre! This Saturday and Sunday (15th and 16… t.co/IB4GFr7Zub
- Elfish on the Shelf tour makes the top 5 Festive Family Events @everymum_ie, @belfastcc @VisitBelfast… t.co/9rP7LZk6j1
- Celebrate Christmas African and Carribean style with @InfoAcsoni this Sunday (December 16th) on the Magical Musical… t.co/3F2ymQEhgL
- ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO UNTIL THE Q-CON CHRISTMAS FAIR!!! Times: 09:00 to 18:00 on Saturday, 13:00 to 18:00 on Sunday.… t.co/RJhFJr9FRn