Last year, Pyramid celebrated 10 years of being Warrington’s dedicated venue for the arts, something which wouldn’t have been possible without £2.4 million of National Lottery funding.
Pyramid engages the local community and professional artists alike. It hosts many different events, including Cultural Festivals, high quality professional performances and exhibitions, participatory classes and community activities.
Pyramid has also been the catalyst in creating Warrington’s Cultural Quarter and for the physical regeneration of the centre of the town. The venue has been a starting place for the careers of local talent including Britain’s Got Talent’s winner George Sampson and Jesus Christ Superstar’s David Hunter – both of whom attended classes at Pyramid. Comedian’s Peter Kay and Paddy McGuiness have also performed at the venue’s studio theatre. It is a key venue for schools hosting the annual Primary Arts Network and Secondary Arts Network showcase and exhibitions.
Janey Moran, Senior Arts Development Officer, said: “With seven different performance spaces, we can host the very best in comedy, dance, drama and music. The seven spaces include the Studio Theatre, Exhibition Hall, The Gallery, McCarthy Room named after local artist Pete McCarthy and Postlethwaite Studio named after local actor Pete Postlethwaite, and the Green Room which is a flexible meeting place as well as a place for acts before they take to the stage. Our participation programme encourages everyone to become involved with a variety of workshops for all range of abilities. From ballroom dance and youth drama to choirs and life drawing, as well as being home to WA Creative studios where like minded creative industries professionals share ideas and work space, we believe Pyramid has something for everyone.”
- Old-fashioned comedy is heading to Parr Hall next month with a gem of a show! With hilarious one liners and a bosti… t.co/SdkmCIgEnN
- Hands up!! - who saw the amazing @Bunnymen live at Parr Hall on Sunday?🙌 t.co/4mfkhWXgxq
- @ladymuse1st @muse We promise! 😁
- This is a #TT fan's dream! Don't miss John McGuinness and Jim Whitham live at Parr Hall talking through their caree… t.co/WYW07BWIlW
- 🎉 It's #VenuesDay!! 🎉 To celebrate, we're asking who you would most like to see perform at Pyramid or Parr Hall...… t.co/B2ocvypY4G