With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Legends of Irish Music and song The Fureys, renowned for their hit songs including 'Red Rose Cafe' and 'Steal Away… t.co/465xXqmcQW
- @virginmediaireland @virginmediaone are broadcasting the premier of “Voice Of Hope II” at 9.00pm tonight hope you e… t.co/ruaTj1vBgL
- Tales from Neverland - @Conor_D_OKane gives us the lowdown on Peter Pan the Pantomime and lets us in on a few backs… t.co/EIi4oyy9ZB
- Legends of Irish Music and song The Fureys, renowned for their hit songs including 'Red Rose Cafe' and 'Steal Away… t.co/xLSTUN7ubl
- Follow us on Instagram and check out our story from behind the scenes at Peter Pan. Today @Conor_D_OKane takes us o… t.co/Vlt8vhJ3m1