With the help of the National Lottery, the Derry Theatre Trust was able to realise their vision and build a world class purpose-built theatre, conference centre and community facility for everyone to enjoy. That funding was instrumental in transforming Derry from ‘city of conflict’ to City of Culture, 2013.
The Forum’s location is steeped in history as it resides in what was Derry’s artistic and cultural “quarter” during the 19th century. In a city that was once deeply divided, the centre provides facilities and entertainment for the whole community.
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has continued to fund many projects within the Forum to both improve the building and educate the audiences through activities such as theatre workshops.
Today the Derry Millennium Forum is a shining example of how are has the ability to reach across boundaries, inspiring, teaching and bringing people together.
- Adrian Knight, Comedy Hypnotist, makes his annual return to the Millennium Forum from tomorrow (Wednesday 20th) unt… t.co/6q7a62oONK
- 🌟 Win 🌟 tickets to Roy "Chubby" Brown, coming to the Millennium Forum on 30th June 2018. Enter here:… t.co/eoq9yZLSXz
- This year’s Millennium Forum Productions youth musical is the incredible ‘Cats’! Our talented young cast take to th… t.co/0nrojS5DFE
- The controversial comedian, Roy "Chubby" Brown, returns to the Forum stage for one night only on 30th June. 🎟️ Tick… t.co/4Rx7rgQ1tE
- Calling all Bingsters! Bing and his friends are coming to the Millennium Forum in the first ever Bing Live stage sh… t.co/ac7QmLdPrY