Adrenaline Alley is a Corby based project that is transforming the lives of young people by providing them with a safe, secure urban sports park to participate in BMX and skateboarding, scootering and skating. It also offers several courses educating visitors about bike maintenance, and how to reduce bike theft. Freewheeling at Adrenaline Alley is an innovative Lottery funded project that works with disabled and disadvantaged young people by engaging them with activities at the park.
Adrenaline Alley was set up by Mandy Young and her husband Paul. They were inspired by their son John, who suffered with a brain tumour.
Whilst bravely fighting the disease, he discovered a love of skateboarding. Sadly one night, John was viciously attacked by local youths who also stole his skateboard. After the attack, Mandy started a personal crusade to find a safe place for John and his friends to enjoy their passion for urban sports.
With a lot of hard work and the support of a dedicated team of volunteers, Mandy and Paul opened Adrenaline Alley in 2003. This indoor urban sports park is now not just one of the biggest and best, but also one of the safest venues of its kind in the UK. Lottery funding has also enabled the project to install specially designed ramps and adapted equipment to enable access for all.
Sadly in September 2010, John passed away. Paul and Mandy now work tirelessly to ensure that his legacy, Adrenaline Alley, continues to develop and expand so that it can help to bring about change that makes a real difference to the lives of young people of all abilities.
FREEWHEELING was a finalist in the 2012 National Lottery Awards.
- This #BankHoliday, why not pop down and see us, the weather’s supposed to be pretty rubbish and we have a roof, perfect!
- We had our #GoldenTicket day yesterday and it was great to see so many people taking advantage of the £8 to ride all day deal!
- Check out some of the edits filmed around the park! t.co/gJN58nLPXZ
- First time visiting? Make sure you register with us beforehand t.co/pixmNxWyWM
- **LATE NIGHT** Friday 2nd September. Ride till 1am! t.co/smBnGY4coC