This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- View our latest success rates and opportunities of receiving #NationalLottery funding: t.co/6SItDVDLC0
- Well done @dannybisland - excellent @ScottishFA @BIGScotland Football & Funding event today. Plenty for @AFCCT & the North East to consider!
- @CABdevJulie Hi Julie, it will be case-by-case for this. If it's justified for the project, it can be considered. Thanks, Steven.
- Always amazed at how many funders there are in Scotland! @fundingscotland results show 1200 @ScottishFA #funding&fo… t.co/LRllBdEUi7
- @Baldersbain @ScottishFA Good plan, will do.