This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- #epilepsyfutures @BIGScotland #epilepsy t.co/WTYIQemDAg
- UK’s first pedal-powered homeless outreach service launched in Glasgow - Scottish Housing News @BIGScotland t.co/HJwK9NTnD4
- UK's first cycle outreach team tends to the homeless - Third Force News t.co/MoSHmrosbX via @po_st
- Our pals at @Firstport are celebrating a decade of doing good business. Find out more about their amazing work ➡️… t.co/OcWqZLQYSC
- @BIGScotland @SimonComnScot #NationalLotteryFunding great new service,StreetCycles,to help Glasgow's rough sleepers… t.co/pudciMwAu6