This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- A @BIGScotland win for New Galloway t.co/4FaaHnqUYD
- Well done Southside Housing and Nan Mackay Hall. £1.7m secured from @BIGScotland and @scotgov for new community hub in Pollokshields.
- Real celebration tonight @BIGScotland announce 1M to add to @ScotGovFM 550k for new build #nanmackayhall t.co/hGjk7wk5xl
- Huge thanks to @marionfellowsmp and staff for a great funding drop-in event. 👍🏼 t.co/39qyuVjIhQ
- Up to £50K could be awarded to #PeoplesProjects near you in your @WeAreSTV areas. Vote now at… t.co/IpjpzsQ1RU