This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Great turnout today! @BIGScotland 's very own Susan Johnstone presenting info on our funding and work in… t.co/nAsw6hjviJ
- Tune in to @BBCRadioScot at around 10.40am today to hear our director @martin_cawley13 discuss his views on funding t.co/GMLDnx1KVz
- I hope to see some great groups looking for some funding today! Don't be shy, come along and say hi! 😄… t.co/qMV4yisNrC
- Tune in to @BBCRadioScot at around 10.40am tomorrow as our director @martin_cawley13 discusses his views on funding t.co/oaLNwuNUY1
- @EquateScotland this is brilliant, thanks for sharing! Please feel free to continue keeping us updated 🙂