This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- "Involve your users and community" Superb tip from @GatesheadOPA on how to apply for a small grant. #BigShare t.co/M9sub2nfKV
- @northedinarts it looks amazing!
- The NEA #community garden was so calm today in the #Autumn sun. Thanks to @BIGScotland funding that made all this p… t.co/vaysivSxkv
- @child_services exciting stuff! Please do feel free to keep us up to date on here so we can share your progress #BIGScotland
- @BigLotteryFund @BIGScotland #A4A sensory forest project design complete excited to get work started next year t.co/Mf4FGHGnPV