This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- It’s a great day for 18 Scottish communities as they share in £2.8m of @TNLUK National Lottery funding t.co/nMwZyCaBvg
- Congratulations to @wisegroup_se @CLEARBuckhaven @GivinitLaldie @SABefriending on their awards today
- It's a £2.8m National Lottery boost for 18 Scottish communities thanks to the latest awards announced today t.co/nMwZyCscTQ
- Great guide for charities in Scotland by @ScotCharityReg makes basics of Scottish charity law easier to understand t.co/9WlUgoYLTW
- With @TNLUK funding, @WelcomingEdi helps migrants and refugees integrate into Scottish communities. Read their blog… t.co/2p8o60V4ET