This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Gorgeous Day visiting Clydeview Growing Group. Thanks for a lovely afternoon. #Community #Garden. t.co/mt1rgBcHQK
- #FF @BIGScotland who are supporting our Summer tour #HOSonwheels - their website has info on their work & #funding t.co/H7EKRcrs7t
- A great article on the #theSLCF and @BIGScotland funded #NewmainsCommunityCentre. Good tips on funding! t.co/OjQQw3peHa
- Looks like fun! Bring us back something nice to eat :o) t.co/K6PTsUeomq
- The @Belvillegarden AGM & #Summer #FunDay is on Saturday 30th July 12noon - 4pm #Greenock #Inverclyde #Garden t.co/zSjaiREJyL