This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Find out what the success rates were for our funding during 2016-17 on our blog t.co/oIhNX02DD9
- Getting #certificates ready for #youngvolunteers to celebrate #volunteerweek thanks to @BIGScotland #education… t.co/fZkuVXRTcK
- What will you be doing to celebrate #volunteersweek? We've got a good idea! t.co/t7CRj6WCmM t.co/OOi1IiHr5H
- @NicolaHaySRtRC hey Nicola - fab photograph the first of many we hope! #volunteersweek
- Ever wonder what your chances of getting a @BIGScotland grant were? Well, updated success rates have been published t.co/Jzvu39GNfQ