This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Improving #domesticabuse services t.co/gk2F8RHh2W #domesticviolence #research t.co/DsA2gaHVPb
- New domestic abuse research reveals impact of @BIGScotland funding. More here t.co/Th8NQyPmWb
- Want the chance to celebrate your local community? #BigCelebration could help..coming soon t.co/HTtfKlMVsa
- thank you all, especially to Maureen @BIGScotland & Shirley @ShirleyGLaing @scotgov for a great visit @nctcentre t.co/UXyBA8NypS
- Here's how £22m of @BIGScotland funding has supported domestic abuse services across Scotland t.co/qkZndp2mF3