This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Great to hear early findings on active play. Thanks for the invite! @InspiringSland @Go2PlayScotland @BIGScotland t.co/wWOJYkd8zf
- Good coverage of @BIGScotland funded project! Excellent research and quite a story! t.co/G99sTCBPkv
- @BIGScotland A truly inspiring night in the #cuttysarkcentre at the #BellsmyreDevelopment Trust AGM, what a turnout t.co/0XBtPdkIBE
- @MelodieCPEEK @JackieKilleen @PEEK_Project Thanks Melodie, we are going to miss her lots. Keep in touch with us with your great stories
- In our series of environmental blogs, Kerr Adams tells of his experiences about his placement at @FurnPlusFife t.co/31TcNu01hs