Pupils at Glencryan School in Cumbernauld were able to join in judo and dance sessions with the help of National Lottery funding. The money paid for professional tutors to attend after school clubs.
This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- @BIGScotland @ArdrossanRFC First training session with our Big Lottery funded equipment. Cheers BLF! t.co/uOrheDeJ5n
- @dim_tim @ArdrossanRFC Thanks for sharing. Great to see the equipment being put to good use :) AG
- @AuldDunrod @dutchgable Super! Can you tweet us the link to book plz? AG
- @BigBurnsSupper Brill! All the best for the week ahead! AG
- Welcome @ELothianDragons Thanks for connecting. Your our 7000 follower! :) We look forward to your tweets. AG