Pupils at Glencryan School in Cumbernauld were able to join in judo and dance sessions with the help of National Lottery funding. The money paid for professional tutors to attend after school clubs.
This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Congratulations to all #pplsmillions 2014 winners! Please keep us posted with how the money helps your #community!
- Find out the answers to our most asked questions on applying for funding during this November t.co/KwTktjzI6m
- An extra exciting #pplsmillions on @STVNews regions tonight. Which projects will win last night's vote and who will scoop the bonus awards?
- An extra exciting #pplsmillions on @ITVborder tonight! Which project will win last night's vote and who will scoop the bonus award?
- Visit the #pplsmillions website to read about the projects who have been competing for your vote t.co/lAsX3w30IM They are all great!