This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- Here it is @BIGScotland Our Cowal Tweed on the loom & ready for our refurbished building, thanks to Awards for All. t.co/tFNC2KhDAW
- Nominations for the @Scotregen awards for Best Practice in Community Regeneration are now open t.co/TkLhJv3WiW
- Got a project needing #funding? @BIGScotland are in #Shetland to chat on Wed 7th September. t.co/S8qb21qI2C t.co/H6DsJlp12q
- Are you a scottish #LotteryFunded project? Nominate yourselves for the #GreatScotAwards t.co/u3VTKtZ7gF t.co/fSCJCJzMpZ
- Want to make a big noise about your #BigCelebration? Our resources web page has all you need t.co/PcXXl9yKPz t.co/AVxsDbnty5