Cheerleading is known as the sport of smiles and this academy in Hartlepool gives children and adults the chance to get active in a fun environment and learn how to work as a team as well as boost their confidence. The club offers classes in cheerleading, jazz dance, pom dance, hip hop, stunting, tumbling, ballet, lyrical and contemporary dance.
National Lottery funding was used to buy essential, professional level equipment for training purposes to allow the cheerleaders to practice their stunt and tumble skills in safety, and to the highest level. Hartlepool Hawks has 150 members aged from three to 50, with 3 males among the group. The club has gone from strength to strength in recent years, winning multiple UK championships and competing at European and World level.
Most recently, the club became UK champions 16 times in a row at the 2018 National Championships and have been asked to represent the country in Europe again. However, despite the high quality of their cheerleading, the emphasis of the club is enjoyment. Children can train for fun or train to become an All-Star Cheerleader.
For more information about Hartlepool Hawks Cheerleading Academy visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- 💚 Hartlepool Hawks looking absolutely fabulous in their #HalbroSportswear cheer kits! #Teenies #PomDance -… t.co/KuCRJJYKda
- "To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless." --Mike Krzyze… t.co/Zu5sqbwvnG
- "Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." --Henry Ford 🍂… t.co/InDVyUAS9E
- Great photo of #prodigy Youth Level 3 cheer Team in action 💀at @BCACheer_Dance taken by jpadcheer 🖤 #cheer… t.co/4fZ2LPYCur
- A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, sacrifice and hard work 💫 So proud of… t.co/BhtJmeqL9g