Cheerleading is known as the sport of smiles and this academy in Hartlepool gives children and adults the chance to get active in a fun environment and learn how to work as a team as well as boost their confidence. The club offers classes in cheerleading, jazz dance, pom dance, hip hop, stunting, tumbling, ballet, lyrical and contemporary dance.
National Lottery funding was used to buy essential, professional level equipment for training purposes to allow the cheerleaders to practice their stunt and tumble skills in safety, and to the highest level. Hartlepool Hawks has 150 members aged from three to 50, with 3 males among the group. The club has gone from strength to strength in recent years, winning multiple UK championships and competing at European and World level.
Most recently, the club became UK champions 16 times in a row at the 2018 National Championships and have been asked to represent the country in Europe again. However, despite the high quality of their cheerleading, the emphasis of the club is enjoyment. Children can train for fun or train to become an All-Star Cheerleader.
For more information about Hartlepool Hawks Cheerleading Academy visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- Wow😮... just wow😮😍 t.co/NupLe0qshn
- Well done to all of our athletes today performing in our local shopping centre! ☺️👏🏻 A great way to start getting i… t.co/BDjQDvHAzc
- Such a lovely article @HawksAcademy Pls RT t.co/g76ZcQsEWi
- A lovely write up highlighting our recent success in the Netherlands 🇳🇱 such opportunities would be so hard to get… t.co/kimECVyYj5
- #NationalLottery funding has helped @HawksAcademy ever since they opened their doors - now they’re nominated for a… t.co/AHKA245Oeu