Haslemere Museum used National Lottery funding to broaden access to the Museum's collections by appointing a full-time professional education specialist.
This project received a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, which awards money raised by National Lottery players to transform museums, galleries, libraries and archives, and improve the collections of art, objects and literature that they hold for generations to come.
From Belfast to Norwich and Swansea to Shetland, museums and libraries across the country have benefitted from Lottery cash. Some of these have modern new buildings, while others have been redeveloped in historic buildings, or had their facilities improved so that everyone can visit and enjoy them.
As well as making a difference to the venues themselves, the Heritage Lottery Fund also assists museums, galleries and libraries in acquiring new objects and collections, to help their visitors discover as much as possible about our history. For example, many important British paintings have been prevented from becoming part of foreign collections so that communities in the UK can continue to learn from them. For this reason the Heritage Lottery Fund also supports education projects in museums, galleries and libraries, and helps to make archive collections more accessible by awarding grants for cataloguing, digitisation, online resources and community outreach projects.
For more information about funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund visit www.hlf.org.uk
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- Some fascinating interviews on @tailoredstories as part of #HLFfunded project exploring heritage of Savile Row! t.co/D7KUEYGJkZ
- New research from @heritagelottery reveals UK’s heritage helps make us happier. t.co/edKGksdpaU Do you agree? #HeritageEducation
- Tell us your fun ideas for the #Easter break and we'll share some Lottery funded suggestions this week #staytuned t.co/aVz7YCfQXD
- Amazing discovery about Fanny Cornforth, Pre-Raphelite muse, made due to @ChichesterCDT Graylingwell Heritage Project t.co/8OtVtdsZdb
- Find your nearest #CapabilityBrown site on our Interactive Map t.co/tGP3VaD7gZ @HistoricEngland @EnglishHeritage @heritagelottery