Home-Start is a national family support charity that helps parents to build better lives for their children. They coordinate a team of volunteer parents who provide guidance, help and friendship to more than 32,000 families every year in communities across the UK and on British Forces bases in Germany and Cyprus.
Home-Start believes that the five years between birth and school are vital for a child’s development, and what happens in this period strongly determines the opportunities and life chances children have. Children who are raised in a stable, loving, family environment are more likely to have a positive and healthy future. But being a parent isn’t easy and sometimes life can get in the way. Circumstances throw you off course and everything else can take a back seat. A young child caught up in this can miss out on the love, routine and stimulation that are so vital for their future.
Home-Start volunteers are all parents because they understand how hard it can be. They work alongside families in their own homes, to help them cope with the stresses and strains of life and make sure they have the skills, time and strength they need to nurture their children. As well as this one-to-one service, Home-Start also run regular family groups and social events.
For more information about Home-Start visit their website.
- Charity & #SocEnt leaders, if your New Year's resolution is more personal development, @AngliaRuskin offer an accre… t.co/uYmR4r2XYV
- Gwelwyd staff ac ymddiriedolwyr o Home-Starts ledled Cymru yn cymryd rhan mewn gweithdai hyfforddiant cyd-gynhyrchu… t.co/GVz5fxUsNr
- Staff and trustees from Home-Starts across Wales recently took part in co-production workshops to launch the Home-S… t.co/eHBMED647S
- Home-Starts across the UK are working to reduce the #loneliness and isolation that young mums can face. Now,… t.co/HErznlasnH
- That's so lovely to hear. Thank you for all your support yesterday. t.co/RReNFfO09M