This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- .@BIGScotland #NationalLottery funding will have 'life-changing' impact for #FamiliesAffectedByImprisonment t.co/SKgJI1KPy7
- @BIGScotland @TeamJakJaksDen We are so grateful for @BIGScotland's support - their #NationalLottery funding will he… t.co/hVUYA2vUEc
- We are hugely grateful to @BIGScotland support with this award. The award will enable us to continue working with f… t.co/o0mvPaZdEW
- £3.9 million of life changing #NationalLottery funds from @BIGScotland. The cash goes to 20 groups, many of which w… t.co/25eVGGUYnc
- Free this Thursday? We'll be at @SilverburnTesco's Community Space to talk to local groups in Glasgow about… t.co/5jHkm97my2