Longridge Activity Centre in Marlow is an innovative outdoor activity centre, enjoyed by people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Set in a unique riverside location near Marlow, on the borders of Buckinghamsire and Berkshire, Longridge Activity Centre provides a range of exciting water sports and land-based activities.
85,000 young people from local schools, youth groups will make use of its facilities this year. Even the Women’s Olympic Rowing Team and GB Kayaking Teams have trained at Longridge!
Longridge helps young people from all walks of life to try something new and develop their skills, self-discipline and confidence. It is run by a team of enthusiastic staff, who are supported by an army of dedicated volunteers, to put on a wide range of courses; everything from beginner skills right through to advanced instruction. Longridge also offers well equipped accommodation for all needs and indoor meeting, conference and training areas.
Longridge has inspired a number of young people to better themselves. 18 year-old Stephen is one of them: “I first visited Longridge a couple of years’ ago and I’ve enjoyed getting outdoors, learning lots and making new friends. I’ve been a regular ever since and really enjoy volunteering here. Some of my friends have got themselves in trouble with the police and are struggling to find employment. I am lucky that Longridge has opened up so many fresh possibilities for me. My ambition is that one day I will become a full time instructor so I can pass on what I’ve learnt to others.”
Longridge Activity Centre was a finalist in the 2012 National Lottery Awards.
- Bank Holiday Open Day at Green Park, Monday 25 August - t.co/cOXtncWlnQ
- Deputy Mayor launches charity bike scheme at @LEGOLANDWindsor @alexanderdevine @longridge t.co/pbbUE7tEqc t.co/TXyFGrdVBD
- Grab your tickets for the Charity Gala Dinner event for @Longridge Activity Centre & help raise much-needed funds t.co/UiZkMcmaDR
- A black tie ball raising funds to help make @Longridge Activity Centre flood-proof is drawing nearer. t.co/9kVsx7hQCy
- Bank Holiday Open Days at Longridge & Green Park, Monday 25 August. - t.co/W36pwa3K5G