Longridge Activity Centre in Marlow is an innovative outdoor activity centre, enjoyed by people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Set in a unique riverside location near Marlow, on the borders of Buckinghamsire and Berkshire, Longridge Activity Centre provides a range of exciting water sports and land-based activities.
85,000 young people from local schools, youth groups will make use of its facilities this year. Even the Women’s Olympic Rowing Team and GB Kayaking Teams have trained at Longridge!
Longridge helps young people from all walks of life to try something new and develop their skills, self-discipline and confidence. It is run by a team of enthusiastic staff, who are supported by an army of dedicated volunteers, to put on a wide range of courses; everything from beginner skills right through to advanced instruction. Longridge also offers well equipped accommodation for all needs and indoor meeting, conference and training areas.
Longridge has inspired a number of young people to better themselves. 18 year-old Stephen is one of them: “I first visited Longridge a couple of years’ ago and I’ve enjoyed getting outdoors, learning lots and making new friends. I’ve been a regular ever since and really enjoy volunteering here. Some of my friends have got themselves in trouble with the police and are struggling to find employment. I am lucky that Longridge has opened up so many fresh possibilities for me. My ambition is that one day I will become a full time instructor so I can pass on what I’ve learnt to others.”
Longridge Activity Centre was a finalist in the 2012 National Lottery Awards.
Vote for this project for an award
- @SouthEastRFCA Great to hear all your ideas... lets get this show on the road :)
- @Longridge On my way to meet the team for an event proposal, should be another great event for next year. #Cadets #SchoolExpansion
- New Activity Alert - Lazer Maze @ Longridge - t.co/TfnYlrY9JM
- @FireOlney @Longridge thank`s for Re-tweeting the dvd was made with @manchesterfire
- DJ Sue Turner & I played & chatted about this @MarlowFM at @Longridge today @TheHoursBrecon @cerysmatthews 'Baby It's Cold Outside' just in!