Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- .@Sport_England is investing £1M to get older people in Greater Manchester more active – just one way we are makin… t.co/WlTcAas1Gy
- Thanks for £1.5m of new National Lottery funding, awarded by @Sport_England, we'll be able to help even more people… t.co/v7guw2tVHg
- 📣 Announcement: We're extending our partnership with @MindCharity to help people with mental health problems get a… t.co/GUARclu9Sq
- Time is ticking and @SportRelief week is nearly upon as - but as @MelanieCmusic says there’s still time to download… t.co/a68yBfBFuH
- Why walkable communities are so important 🚶♂️ #ActiveDesign 🙌 t.co/zfUJertvm9