Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- Students at @LancasterUni's medical school are the first in the country to have Movement for Movement embedded into… t.co/eUpeSJVadQ
- We're proud to support Stepping Out, a programme that helps carers, and those that they care for, experience the jo… t.co/tU0FTq05gB
- A year on from being named as one of our Local Delivery Pilots, we caught up with the director of Active Essex to f… t.co/SD2x7MEPmJ
- We're hiring! Fancy being our new social media channel manager? You know what to do ⬇️ t.co/1HCYPVFqW8 t.co/kCSRXvIrYn
- The more active the child, the happier they are 😁 Take a look at this, and the rest of the results from our 🌍-lead… t.co/j5f1KI3CRk