Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain. That’s why the National Lottery is helping community sports centres to stay at the top of their game through Sport England’s Inspired Facilities fund. The fund is aiming to help hundreds of groups to refurbish or upgrade their old sports facility, or convert an existing building into a venue where the whole community can come together to enjoy sport and exercise.
Since the scheme began facilities across England have benefitted from improvements including the creation of warm changing rooms, the installation of showers, more efficient and affordable heating and electricity, new windows, new lighting, better pitches, modern sports equipment and perhaps most importantly, many facilities have been made more accessible to people of all abilities so that everyone in the community can enjoy them.
For more information about Sport England and their Inspired Facilities programme visit www.sportengland.org.uk/inspiredfacilities
Are you associated with this project and wish to give us more info? Please get in touch
- Only 2 days left for you to complete the Sports Club Survey. Make sure your club's voice is heard and help shape… t.co/6e5qVR2WFl
- There are lots of ways people are getting active outdoors. More stats 👉t.co/uZyItkovap t.co/xtyNMeUQfx
- People over 60 spend an average of 9.4 hours sitting down. But keeping physically active can reduce impact on mobil… t.co/DUpQBhHLey
- We're publishing data on who we award funding to in a new way, making it easier for people to find and share inform… t.co/87kYlp0GA0
- Today, #ThisGirlCan turns 3 🎂 3.9m women have been inspired by This Girl Can, we couldn't be prouder of you all! t.co/r4LgQ8m36V