Motivate East is an inclusive sports participation project for disabled people living in the Host Boroughs inspired by the Paralympic Games.
The project comprises of:
- Paralympic Legacy Agents Programme: A local volunteering programme to be launched in tandem with the social media/ web campaign. Paralympic Legacy Agents will raise the profile of opportunities listed below and make sure a diverse range of disabled people make the most of the project.
- Multi sport participation events: Offering many opportunities for disabled people to try and take part in sport and physical exercise.
- New equipment including a throw down activity surface: Which can be used to transform any open space into a platform for sporting and physical exercise activities.
- A programme development project: Designed to make sport and physical activity opportunities in the six boroughs more inclusive and accessible for disabled people.
- Paralympic Anniversary Festival: A community event taking part in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, celebrating the Paralympics and encouraging disabled people to try out sport and physical activity.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch