This project received a grant from Big Lottery Fund Scotland’s 2014 Communities fund: a programme inspired by the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games which was set up to encourage more people take part in physical activity (either as a participant or a volunteer) in Scotland.
2014 Communities has given organisations including local sports clubs, schools and voluntary and community groups the opportunity to bring their communities together through sport and physical activity.
Hundreds of grants from £300 to £2,000 have been awarded to provide coaching costs, taster sessions and open days, new equipment, sports kits and venue hire in activities from cricket, tennis and football to kayaking, street dance and even Nordic walking.
- A huge thanks to @StirlingCarers for hosting #TheBigWalk today and to @CentralFMNews for recognising this fantastic… t.co/B7MsOcGaK1
- Team Scotland of #TheBigWalk @ @BIGScotland began the day’s visits at the #NationalLottery funded @StirlingCarers… t.co/v37vT0FN07
- Today #TheBigWalk Scotland team and #NationalLottery are starting the day with tea and cakes at the @StirlingCarers… t.co/YcMTEKivvY
- #TheBigWalk has arrived at Stirling Carers Centre. Angus has been hearing about the work that has been funded by… t.co/0HBAIaqYyc
- A proper spread for Angus @StirlingCarers #TheBigWalk #NationalLottery Let’s tuck in !! t.co/Mf7JUO1Han