Riverside Museum - Scotland’s fabulous new Museum of Transport and Travel with over 3,000 magnificent objects on display.
The Riverside Museum, Scotland's Museum of Transport and Travel, houses more than 3,000 exhibits, in over 150 interactive displays telling the stories of the objects on display through the lives of the people who owned, used and operated them, and of the people who made the term 'Clyde Built' one which travelled the world and spoke volumes about unbeatable quality.
From massive steam locomotives to the recreation of a city street during the 1900s, the cathedral-like structure, designed by Zaha Hadid who was arguably the world's most in-demand architect, provides a stunning backdrop to showcase the innovation and ambition of what was the 'Second City of the Empire'.
The Tall Ship Glenlee is moored outside, one of only five ‘Clyde Built’ sailing vessels afloat in the world today and the only one in the UK. Like all of Glasgow's 10 civic museums, entry is free.
The Riverside Museum was a semi-finalist in the 2012 National Lottery Awards.
- @GlasgowPress Great picture! Thanks!
- @riversidemuseum @glavedin #SBR13 Grand view from Sunny #Govan! t.co/GqIWjDC5jr
- Please share any photos of the @GLAvEDIN from the Govan side of the Clyde #SBR13
- @GLAvEDIN Looking forward to the races starting!! #SBR13
- Join us at the @riversidemuseum for some exciting racing! Glasgow are preparing themselves waiting for the arrival of Edinburgh! #SBR13