Something To Look Forward To is a family run charity that supports thousands of other families affected by cancer and the resulting financial hardship by providing 'gifts' and 'experiences' that have been donated by individuals and businesses. The driving force is Fiona Coldron, who was diagnosed with primary breast cancer shortly after accepting a job offer in April 2007. At the time, a single mother of two teenagers, she had no option but to keep working between surgery and treatment as she could not rely on statutory sick pay to support her family. Fiona realised that having 'something to look forward to' made all the difference when times were tough. Following Fiona’s secondary diagnosis in 2013, she and her husband Andy Coldron came up with the concept for the ‘gift’ sharing website.
The 'gifts' and 'experiences' include restaurant meals; hotel stays; theatre tickets; beauty and spa treatments; tickets for sports events; theme parks; holiday cottages, spa days and complementary therapies. With the help of National Lottery funding, the website has been overhauled, providing a more streamlined, automated service, freeing up the team to spend time building relationships with potential gift donors, running campaigns and delivering the service.
Fiona says: "Gaining National Lottery funding has been instrumental in supporting our charity to reach a major milestone in our development and has enabled us to reach even more people affected by cancer and facing cancer poverty. As one of the founding directors of the charity and coming from a place of personal experience of the effects of cancer, our family understands just how important it is to have something to look forward to for the wellbeing of those affected by cancer."
For more information about Something to Look Forward To visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- AGENCY SHOUT OUT! 🧦 We've sourced a large number of womens socks & knickers thanks to the incredible @sockshopuk… t.co/7sEYCGNvU2
- We love sourcing tangible gifts for people affected by #cancer because we can send them anywhere in the #UK! Today… t.co/kVK8ywBVju
- @jenijones40 @thegriefcast Thank you 💖
- @thegriefcast Try @look4W2 - brilliant charity with lots of treats for those with cancer, including pancreatic.
- 2 new fabulously unique #experiences on our site now for people affected by #cancer! Introduction to Glass Fusing… t.co/kqOyy0Couq