Scotland’s National Lottery funded Community Sport Hubs bring together local people, house local clubs and provide information and advice to make it easier for local people to lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. sportscotland set up the hubs in order to create more opportunities for people to participate in physical activity by improving access and offering affordable prices.
Each hub offers something different to support its local community. A key aim of the hubs is to train and develop the people that make sport happen, in order to ensure sports clubs and organisation are self sustainable. By working well with local partners and organisations the hubs can develop genuine community engagement and leadership.
With a £1.5 million investment over five years, sportscotland will develop community sport hubs in each of the 32 local authority areas in Scotland. By increasing the number of sporting opportunities, improving the quality of activities on offer and providing accessible, affordable facilities the hubs are helping communities to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
- What a brilliant day, massive thanks for making us so welcome. So much brilliant work going on to get more girls ac… t.co/i10dei5f0f
- Great news about a brand new funding stream to help change people's lives through sport launched today. Read more b… t.co/MHCwjUchnR
- COMMUNITIES: A £1million fund has been launched for community-based sport and physical activity projects that chang… t.co/4tYCJqwxmT
- Meet the first faces of #Team2018 👋 the 4,000 strong volunteer team who will be at the heart of delivering an amazi… t.co/yLJPXBoFtU
- “Awsome!!! I’ve never played table tennis before. How do you do it?” - A participant at this mornings breakfast clu… t.co/hd3E2svViB