Scotland’s National Lottery funded Community Sport Hubs bring together local people, house local clubs and provide information and advice to make it easier for local people to lead a more active and healthier lifestyle. sportscotland set up the hubs in order to create more opportunities for people to participate in physical activity by improving access and offering affordable prices.
Each hub offers something different to support its local community. A key aim of the hubs is to train and develop the people that make sport happen, in order to ensure sports clubs and organisation are self sustainable. By working well with local partners and organisations the hubs can develop genuine community engagement and leadership.
With a £1.5 million investment over five years, sportscotland will develop community sport hubs in each of the 32 local authority areas in Scotland. By increasing the number of sporting opportunities, improving the quality of activities on offer and providing accessible, affordable facilities the hubs are helping communities to lead healthier, more active lifestyles.
- Fantastic achievements from the whole team 💪🏻🚴♀️🚴♂️ t.co/mHa1zmaEiZ
- Great recognition for a fantastic role model - well done @annasloan1 🙌 t.co/Aw4jkQFut0
- We're #recruiting a new governance and events administrator to join our friendly Edinburgh staff team. It's an ex… t.co/NRMCk2Dogj
- Have a great stay with the team @InverclydeNSTC 👍🏻 t.co/8KmukdWPfy
- Looking back at the Scottish sporting success in 2018, who could forget Team GB’s record breaking performances at t… t.co/jEyzjNSyBY