UK Sport is responsible for co-ordinating the bidding and staging of major international sporting events across the UK. UK Sport works in partnership with sporting and regional partners to ensure that important international events are staged in the UK, to a world leading standard.
The Gold Event Series is ensuring a major events legacy from London 2012 by making the most of the new facilities and skills to establish the UK as one of the world’s leading host nations. £27 million of National Lottery money is being invested into the Gold Event SeriesMajor events included within this programme will support British athletes, create high-profile opportunities to engage people with sport, use and demonstrate the legacy of London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 and produce positive economic and social impacts for the UK.
The series is aiming to attract:
2.5 million spectators
25,000 Officials and Volunteers
70 major events targeted including
36 World and European Championships
£287 million economic boost
Find out more about the 2013 – 2019 The Gold Event Series - http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/gold-events-series/
- 🏉 | Two stalwarts of @EnglandRugby's sevens squad, but it could have been very different... @DeborahF91 only took… t.co/3AD2rucBpy
- 📽️ | "Rugby sevens is always a massive occasion. We have a lot of spectators, it's a carnival feel, it's touring th… t.co/1aC8V45qYn
- 🏉 | Are you a sprinter or do you play another team sport such as netball, basketball or volleyball? Then rugby seve… t.co/o9XVMDcK2g
- 🏉 | Would you like to represent 🇬🇧 at an Olympic Games but unsure about what sport? How about rugby sevens? They… t.co/rf8nVBcoWt
- ⛸️ | You might have never put on ice skates before, you might have never been on the ice before. But you could stil… t.co/TY3WBoTsBE