#ThanksToYou will take place from 23 November to 1 December 2019
Thank you for your interest in the 25th Birthday #ThanksToYou campaign.
Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £40 billion has been raised for good causes in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community.
We are delighted to be celebrating The National Lottery’s 25th Birthday this year, a landmark moment to celebrate the incredible difference The National Lottery has made – and continues to make – to the lives of people and communities throughout the whole of the UK. Thanks to National Lottery players, over £30 million goes to good causes each week.
As a recipient of National Lottery funding, you have had an enormous part in making a real difference to people and places in your local community. We’re so pleased that you’ve been a part of our history, and want to ensure you have a role in our exciting 25th Birthday celebrations. #ThanksToYou is a fantastic opportunity to thank the National Lottery players that have helped make your work possible.
What is #ThanksToYou?
The idea of #ThanksToYou is simple: anyone who visits a National Lottery supported project and shows a National Lottery ticket between 23 November and 1 December is able to take up a special offer.
From free entry into some of the UK’s most loved museums and heritage sites, to behind the scenes tours of world class sporting venues, or setting aside tickets to a sold-out theatre performance, there are so many ways for everyone to get involved with #ThanksToYou.
What might my special offer look like?
Last year we saw almost 500 special offers to National Lottery players, including:
- Free entry into a huge number of National Trust venues across the UK;
- Free admission to films at the BFI Southbank;
- After-dark walks, storytelling and marshmallow roasting at the Walthamstow Wetlands in London;
- Free tours of BT Murrayfield, Scotland’s largest stadium;
- Free entry into the Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre;
- Conservation in Action hard hat tours at Fulham Palace;
- Entry to the RSPB Belfast’s Window on Wildlife which is home to more than 100 species of birds and other wildlife;
- Free tickets to technical rehearsals at the Hijinx Odyssey community group theatre at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff;
- Free Cycling Sessions and Bike Checks at the KAL Spenborough Pool and Fitness complex running track in Liverpool;
- Free building tours and the opportunity to meet the theatre cast at the Darlington Hippodrome.
Plus, dozens of goodie bags, gifts and great retail offers; expert talks, workshops and lessons; guided tours and special exhibition entry.
What should I do now?
What your special offer looks like is up to you, and you don’t need to decide just yet. By registering your interest early, we’ll work with you to make sure your offer reaches new audiences and benefits from the profile of the 25th Birthday celebrations. This year, #ThanksToYou is going to be bigger and better than ever.
Who will help me?
More information and #ThanksToYou participant resources will be added soon, but if you had any questions in the meantime, please contact Stacey Reed, Project Manager for #ThanksToYou on Stacey.Reed@lotterygoodcauses.org.uk