Arts Council England champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people's lives. Their mission is to provide ‘great art for everyone’...
£4 million for libraries to tackle disadvantage
Arts Council England has awarded just over £18 million funding to 11 arts consortia in the second round of our Creative people and places programme, empowering communities to shape local arts provision.Read more
Arts Council England awards money from The National Lottery, as well as central Government funds to support a range of activities across the arts, museums and libraries - from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections.
The National Lottery supports projects like these because great art and culture inspires us, brings us together and teaches us about ourselves and the world around us. In short, it makes life better.
Arts Council England makes grants of all sizes, from a few hundred pounds to stage a poetry workshop to several million pounds to refurbish and improve arts venues like the National Theatre in London, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art in Gateshead and the Wiltshire Music Centre. These venues have a commitment to make the best in arts activity accessible to as wide an audience as possible.
To find out more about Arts Council England visit their website.
- The next generation of filmmakers: Paul Glinkowski blogs about how the @C4RandomActs Network Centres have developed… t.co/iEtXn3kVPC
- How can we help foster a stronger cultural landscape? Our Director of Theatre explains why we are hoping to invest… t.co/JwFB1ikrOo
- “We chose the right city.” Thanks to Prof Phil Redmond for joining us tonight @CovTM and helping us celebrate our £… t.co/ueew857ww4
- “Partnership and leadership will determine the success of 2021.” We’re delighted to say that @HENLEYDARREN has just… t.co/BWMGpT0DQZ
- Make sure to follow @ace_midlands this afternoon to get the latest on @HENLEYDARREN's announcement about our inves… t.co/Uppi3jvK85