Spirit of 2012 is the London 2012 legacy charity. So far, we have invested over £25 million into community projects in over 100 locations across the UK, benefiting more than 1 million people.
Spirit of 2012 is a funding charity, established with a £47m endowment from the Big Lottery Fund. We fund partners across the UK that provide opportunities in sports, physical activity, arts and culture, volunteering and social action. It was founded to continue and recreate the spirit of pride, positivity and social connectedness that people experienced during the London 2012 Games and we invest to create good outcomes for people and their communities:
- We fund sports, arts and volunteering projects to increase wellbeing.
- We measure the impact of these projects on people and communities and use that information to improve other projects.
- Our projects challenge limiting perceptions of disability and create inclusive opportunities.
- We work with expert partners to ensure our projects deliver the best outcomes possible.
Individual and social outcomes interest us more than numerical targets, inputs and outputs; a focus designed to enhance the projects we fund for both partners and beneficiaries. We have built a dynamic learning hub among the ‘Spirit family’ of partners to help spread and embed our insights and best practice.
- Take a look at our Day 11 Christmas Presence video. We're celebrating @BeaconFilmsUK Spirit funded programme… t.co/VO40gUEZgu
- It’s Christmas here at #GOGA Walking Netball! 🏀 Christmas jumpers and Christmas hats are out in force 🎄🎅🏼🤶🏻⛄️… t.co/loe1uTJUyF
- It's Day 11 of our Christmas Presence calendar. Our reveal for today's Christmas Presence comes from @BeaconFilmsUK… t.co/gjVVqLDhro
- Join in the conversation on challenging perceptions of disability , inclusion and sport this Thursday 8-9pm.… t.co/4whmyTDfmJ
- It's Day 11 of our Christmas Presence calendar. Our next video takes a behind the scenes look at @BeaconFilmsUK Vie… t.co/GT8gmeR0yo