Shakespeare’s New Place - Free Entry - 26th & 27th March 2022
26–27 March 2022
As a recipient of National Lottery funding in the past, Shakespeare’s New Place will be taking part in the National Lottery Open Week 2022. To say thank you for the money raised for good causes every week by its players, the National Lottery is unlocking free entry and special offers at participating venues across the country.
On 26th and 27th March 2022, National Lottery ticket/ scratchcard holders can enjoy free entry to Shakespeare’s New Place in Stratford-upon-Avon. Be inspired at the site that was William Shakespeare's family home for 19 years. Uncover the fascinating story of the house that isn't there and discover beautiful gardens and specially-commissioned artworks.
One National Lottery ticket or scratchcard will give free entry to one adult and up to two children under 16. Simply present your National Lottery ticket / scratchcard upon arrival at visitor reception.
The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust will be taking part in National Lottery Open Week with a special offer, as detailed above, to National Lottery players who provide proof of purchase.
This offer will run on 26–27 March 2022
10am - 5pm (last entry 4.30pm).
Booking in advance is not required.
Offer redeemable by: One National Lottery ticket or scratchcard will give free entry to one adult and up to two children under 16. Simply present your National Lottery ticket / scratchcard upon arrival.
We take the safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors very seriously, and we hope this will help reassure all who come to Shakespeare's family homes. Following feedback from our visitors, staff and volunteers, we ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff and continue adhering to the following measures:
- Face coverings reduce the risk to yourselves and others and should still be worn by visitors in all indoor spaces, unless they are exempt from the UK Government's guidelines on wearing face coverings. Please note, a face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face covering, but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth, and do not filter airborne particles
- Social distancing will be encouraged throughout your visit.
- Visitors are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app prior to arrival at Shakespeare's family homes and 'check-in' by scanning the QR code available at the ticket desk and entrance to the shop.
- If you are unable to access the app, in line with Government guidelines, we will be taking your contact details, as well as recording times entering our premises. Details will be kept for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor or staff member testing positive for coronavirus. Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process – from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.
- Bag searches will be carried out in line with our security policy. To keep delays to a minimum, we ask you to avoid bringing large bags or backpacks. We are unable to offer luggage storage facilities.
- Only cashless payments will be accepted
- Please note, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
All National Lottery games (including National Lottery draw-based games and National Lottery scratchcards) purchased in store and online/via app qualify to redeem this offer.
Proof of purchase of a National Lottery game can be either hard copy ticket or digital.
The date of draw / purchase is not relevant.
All offers are subject to availability. The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust has the right to refuse entry in the event of venue / offer reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
In the event of queries on the day, the organisation's decision is final.
Please check with the venue for details such as opening times, location, specific terms and conditions and other pertinent information prior to visiting.
This offer is not exchangeable.
General Area Location
Inspired? Apply for funding
Inspired by Shakespeare’s New Place - Free Entry - 26th & 27th March 2022? Apply for funding to support your own community. Search for funding
Over 636,000 projects funded
The National Lottery has given over £43bn to local projects just like this one to support your local community. Discover more local projects in your community