The Athlete Lockdown Lowdown
11th November 2020
Ever wondered how National Lottery-funded athletes spent their time during lockdown? Catch up with our Athlete Lockdown Lowdowns to find out...
Sport: Canoe Slalom
- Raised £2,300 for the NHS Charities by completing 340 pull-ups in one day!
- Encouraged people to stay active during lockdown by hosting free online yoga classes every week.
Sport: Para Table Tennis
Since the beginning of lockdown, Kim Daybell has been working full time as a Junior Doctor on the NHS frontline, helping to manage COVID-19 patients at a hospital in North London.
Launched ‘Cuppa & a Natter’: a series of 30-minute chats featuring an array of Olympians, Paralympians, and remarkable trailblazers within sport, streamed live on Instagram each week to celebrate incredible women in sport.
- Appeared in webinars about using sporting credentials to work in education.
- Voluntarily ran virtual PE lessons for families.
- Competed in the first-ever Global Rowing Challenge, and won his PR1 event.