The BFI Film Academy scheme is providing opportunities for talented and committed young people between the ages of 16–19 to develop new skills and build a career in the film industry, no matter where they live or what their background.
The courses are delivered by partner organisations across the UK. Some provide training at weekends and evenings, while some are residential courses providing more intensive training.
The entire programme includes over 40 courses providing over 900 places - some funded through the National Lottery and some from other funding sources - see the BFI's website for the location and details of all the courses.
- BFI Southbank’s programmer-at-large Geoff Andrew gives his verdict on this year’s prize-winning films at the Berlin… t.co/rMlIOCRKww
- Derek Jarman: five essential films t.co/xE04nIOul1 t.co/kULRCFbPMH
- Barbara Stanwyck plays the deviously manipulative Phyllis Dietrichson in Double Indemnity, screening at BFI Southba… t.co/vPvARU9FRI
- ...and seven late career masterpieces - including The Last of England and Blue - with Volume Two. Available to pre-… t.co/zd4Z0QrMuV
- Explore the indelible work of Derek Jarman with our bumper box sets. Enjoy his first six features - including Jubil… t.co/WaKgTzN683