Duncan Scott returned home from the Commonwealth Games as the most successful Scot ever at a single games. He had achieved this feat by the time he had won his fifth medal, and then went on to win a sixth for good measure, in total coming away with a gold in the 100m freestyle, one silver and four bronzes. He was invited to carry the Scottish flag at the closing ceremony.
The 20-year-old has also picked up two World Championships medals over the last 12-months, a gold as part of the freestyle team, and a silver in the 4 x 100m medley as well as double bronze in his first short-course meet in Copenhagen in December, and two national medals at the British Championships in March.
Since returning from the Gold Coast, Duncan has helped people of all abilities learn to swim in Troon, South Ayrshire where he learned to swim as a young boy. Duncan will be competing at the Glasgow 2018 European Championships in August, the benchmark meet for British Swimming, which is sure to present plenty more opportunities for medal success.
Duncan said: “It is a real honour to be nominated for ‘Athlete of the Year’ at this year’s National Lottery Awards. Without the support of National Lottery funding, I would never have achieved this much in the pool so it is amazing to be in the running for an iconic National Lottery Award. All the finalists would be worthy winners but it would be fantastic for myself and everyone in swimming to be named Athlete of the Year so I do hope the public support me.”
For more information about Duncan Scott visit the website.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch
- 😂😂😂 I was as surprised as you to get the invite but that medal has more silver than your clubs bank account...now b… t.co/LaVRI8VRwO
- EUROPEEEE 🎉🇪🇺💙 #RyderCup18
- Some night as per usual! Thanks very much to @ScottishSwim for getting the balance just right! #WorkHardPlayHard… t.co/tWCGs1Mahl
- The Thunderclap! 🙌 This place is rocking! t.co/3TJpuzgH62
- A month ago today I suffered a stroke. I could not walk. Doctors said only time will tell if I will recover or to w… t.co/xLVUVuXEVe